• HANGLIDING TANDEM FLIGHTS
• HOW DOES A TWO-SEATER DELTAPLAN FLIGHT WORK
• HOW MUCH DOES A TANDEM HANGLIDER FLIGHT COST?
• IS IT POSSIBLE TO GIVE A TANDEM FLIGHT?
• WHAT IS THE BEST PERIOD OF THE YEAR TO FLY?
• HOW ARE THE TAKE OFF AND LANDING PHASES CARRIED OUT?
• APPAREL SUITABLE FOR TANDEM FLIGHT
• ATTITUDE AND PHYSICAL FORM. CAN EVERYONE FLY?
• PHOTOS & VIDEO
• IS IT POSSIBLE TO INTERRUPT THE FLIGHT FOR ANY EVENIENCE?
• FOOD, FOOD AND BEVERAGES BEFORE FLIGHT
• HOW TO GET TO TAKE OFF
• GROUPS OF 2 OR MORE TANDEM PASSENGERS?
• WHO WILL MY BI-POSTIST THAT WILL TAKE ME FLYING? I CAN TRUST? AND EQUIPMENT?
• IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO DASH?
HOW DOES A TWO-SEATER HANGLIDING FLIGHT WORK?
• The particular activity of hang gliding is, like all aeronautical activities, subject to be practiced in total safety and specifically implies that the meteorological conditions of the day and of the moment must be evaluated. When booking your flight on our website, you will have indicated in the notes an approximate preferred date chosen between Saturday and / or Sunday during almost the whole year.
• Within a maximum of 2 working days from your booking-purchase you will be contacted by the club secretariat or by one of our expert pilots qualified for educational-sporting tandem flights to confirm your preferred date with a certain approximation or based on forecasts. medium-long term to fix one possible and by mutual agreement and availability. These on-the-fly appointments should never be considered binding for the organization of the two-seater as they depend on the weather conditions as described above.
• Tandem gift cards - Gift vouchers purchased as a gift for a tandem flight are valid for one year.
• At the time of booking during the check-out and data entry phase, it is required to enter a few essential data relating to the characteristics of the passenger: age; stature; weight. In principle, it is possible to fly practically everyone in a two-seater but with the only limit of the passenger weight which should not exceed 80 kg. For multiple bookings of several passengers, you can purchase the right to multiple bookings in a single transaction by selecting the quantity in the drop-down menu or single gift-cards intended for the lucky passengers to whom you want to give. In fact, the principle applies that you will be contacted by our organization to discuss all useful details.
• On the scheduled date of the flight we meet in what is the official landing area of the free flight Val Comino club: Campo Guerrano located on the communication road between the Municipalities of Alvito and San Donato Val Comino. On the site you will find an interactive map with the coordinates of this location and other relevant points of the valley including the coordinates of the take-off point.
• The interactive map of the area you can easily view by CLICKING HERE
• ASD043 is the name of the waypoint relating to the official landing, place of the meeting. The map is directly navigable on google map allowing to trace itineraries from any place to the chosen destination (ASD043).
• On landing you will meet the Tandem Pilot assigned to you who will proceed with the description of the whole activity and will submit the forms to be filled in.
• It then takes about 20 minutes to reach the take-off location using any available car or minibus of the club's pilots or any accompanying passengers who wish to be present at take-off.
• Fly! The take-off is at an altitude of 1250 meters above sea level and 750 meters in altitude with the landing. The duration of the flight is variable and dependent on the thermal conditions of the day and could last between 15 and 30 minutes or more. The take-off waypoint is the one marked on the interactive map with DFA113 (take-off of Forca d’Acero). CLICK HERE to access the interactive map that shows you the take-off position on interactive google maps.
• The landing will take place in what was previously described as the meeting point.
• The price paid for the tandem flight activity includes the possibility of photo and video shots in flight from an action-cam mounted on the hang glider.
• The time of the whole activity varies around 2 hours.
WHAT A TANDEM HANGLIDING FLIGHT COST?
The total cost of the hang gliding tandem flight service is € 160.00.
This cost includes all of the following:
• Cost of ascent at take off by means of the Club or one of the operators of the two-seater team of the club.
• Photo and video service taken during the tandem flight with the use of appropriate action-cameras mounted on the hang glider.
• All the assistance of the club's patented and two-seater professional driver team.
For groups of 3 or more people a discount of € 20.00 per passenger is applied. At the time of purchase - booking on the site, the discount is automatically calculated for each flight-passenger purchased.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GIVE A TANDEM FLIGHT?
Even if the idea ofexperiencing such a strong emotion and life experience belongs to everyone, it is very nice the possibility of being able to offer, give to a loved one this magnificent gift of a tandem hang gliding flight, to someone. of which it is known that this gift would be particularly appreciated.
So? Here on our site we have set the possibility of purchasing a gift voucher, the tandem flight gift card, which is delivered via email or otherwise printed in postcard mode in order to be delivered to the recipient of the gift you want to indicate to us. Imagine the emotion and satisfaction of receiving such a gift! The gift voucher is valid for one year. The lucky recipient of the gift can use the gift card at any time to purchase / book a flight on our site. The booking procedure will invite you to make all the necessary personal data useful.
CLICK HERE to access the GIFT-CARD purchase page.
CLICK HERE to book-buy a tandem hang gliding flight.
WHAT IS THE BEST PERIOD OF THE YEAR TO FLY?
In our areas and in particular in the Comino Valley, it is possible to fly practically all year round. It is therefore possible to fly even in winter but there is no doubt that the spring, summer and autumn months are the most advisable and always remembering to be dependent on specific weather conditions which are well evaluated 48 hours before the flight with excellent reliability.
HOW ARE THE TAKE OFF AND LANDING PHASES CARRIED OUT?
At take-off, after having prepared all the equipment, the expert pilot assigned to your tandem flight will instruct you on the few simple things to learn in order to take off as a passenger by accompanying the pilot in this phase simply and in complete safety. Taking off in practice requires that you perform a few fast walking steps in progressive acceleration on our take-off platform.
The landing phase always takes place smoothly on a grassy lawn well free of obstacles, which is what you will have been able to see when you arrive at the meeting point in the valley. You get to the ground at very low speeds like a brisk walk.
APPAREL SUITABLE FOR TANDEM FLIGHT
The clothing to be used for the flight should obviously be related to the seasonal period in which the flight is made. The temperatures that will be faced will be those that are normally encountered in the high mountains and with the addition of a wind component of about 35-45 km / h produced mostly by the movement component of the wing and relatively influenced by the weather currents of day.
The premise made is useful to understand that it is absolutely necessary to wear a windbreaker and underneath the most suitable clothing for the season, light clothing in summer and particularly warm in winter.
It is preferable and indeed particularly recommended to use long trousers. As for shoes, the most suitable ones would be mountain boots that normally give good protection to the ankles, but any sports shoe that has a good grip on the ground is equally valid. Gloves are recommended and always suited to the season, so light in summer or spring. Sunglasses for those who do not wear eyeglasses have the function of essentially protecting from the wind.
Don't forget to wear a good amount of smiles and controlled enthusiasm. Helmet and technical equipment are provided by the club.
ATTITUDE AND PHYSICAL FORM. CAN EVERYONE FLY?
In order to participate as a passenger in a tandem flight and at least accompany the pilot in the take-off phase, no particular skill or physical preparation is necessary, all that is needed is to be in good health and be prepared for this fun wonderful activity. Taking off requires a few steps in acceleration and once in flight all that remains is to relax and lie comfortably in the harness. It is not excluded that tears may come…. Normally and absolutely tears of joy . The only limit to be able to fly in tandem hang gliding for the passenger is the body weight which must not exceed 80 kg. This is essentially due to the fact that the equipment, hang gliders and harnesses are sized for the possible passenger and pilot.
PHOTOS & VIDEO
The tandem hang glider that will be used is equipped with a telescopic rod on which an action-camera is mounted, useful for shooting a video during the flight or selfie photo shoots. It is neither excluded nor forbidden for the passenger to take photographs or videos in flight independently with their own equipment but in this case it is strongly recommended to secure the equipment used with a safety lanyard to be connected to the neck or harness. In no case is the organization responsible in this case for any loss in flight and / or damage to private equipment during the particularly sensitive take-off and landing phases.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO INTERRUPT THE FLIGHT FOR ANY EVENIENCE?
If the passenger wishes to interrupt the flight for any reason, it is possible to reach the landing in a few minutes without any problem.
FOOD, FOOD AND DRINKS BEFORE FLIGHT
Before the flight and avoiding the hours immediately preceding it is advisable to avoid heavy meals. Eating a light meal is preferable as it could happen what normally happens on a boat at sea if the conditions were not those of flat sea.
It is advisable not to drink carbonated drinks and not to face the fasting flight in order to avoid any and consequent drops in sugar or illness.
It is absolutely forbidden to consume alcohol and drugs before the flight.
HOW TO GET TO TAKE OFF
on landing, our meeting point in the valley before going to fly, we agree on how to go to take off. Without prejudice to the fact that we ensure any means to bring the passenger to take off at our care, it is always preferable to leave their cars or motorcycles on landing where we will re-enter the flight. There could also be events where the passenger has accompanying persons who want to be present and take pictures or other. In this case, the accompanying persons with or without the passenger will be able to follow us to the take-off where we will, however, go with our vehicles carrying all the useful equipment.
GROUPS OF 2 OR MORE TANDEM PASSENGERS?
Possibly we will be able to organize a simultaneous take-off of at least 2 passengers or exceptionally 3. Otherwise and possibly, even larger groups of people will be organized in succession within the day once those who preceded them have landed. In any case, the activity as a whole will have been well planned from the receipt of your booking and purchase order.
WHO WILL BE MY BI-POSTIST WHO WILL TAKE ME FLYING? I CAN TRUST? AND EQUIPMENT?
The team of our tandem-enabled pilots are all very experienced pilots, with a lot of experience, certified and regularly insured.
As for the equipment with which you will fly, they are state-of-the-art equipment regularly revised according to a culture, ours, which is that of aeronautics. These equipments are approved and meet all safety requirements according to current regulations.
Our organization is absolutely professional and reliable. What drives us is the passion for flying that we love to transmit precisely through sporting and tourist tandem flights. In fact, our club conceives this tandem flight service as a moment and an opportunity to get closer and get to know each other. Entrusting you to us is absolutely safe.
IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO DASH?
Having definitively clarified that our tandem pilots are of absolute professionalism and great expertise and experience, we just have to point out that the equipment we use is certified and regularly serviced. It is also good to know that in case of very remote need, we are equipped in flight with an emergency parachute that normally operated brings the pilot and passenger back to the ground unharmed.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTION?
Contact us or Call us